Orphan’s Joy was able to visit northern Tanzania in December 2017 and get to know four of the leaders of the Pentecostal Evangelistic Fellowship of Africa (PEFA) in the lake regions of Mara, Mwanza, Kagera, and Musoma as well as visit several churches. We have established a relationship through Steve and Jan Rasmussen who ministered in this area for over 20 years. With this project we are seeking bless the orphans in these regions directly through the churches. The churches have collected offerings for helping orphans and we are glad to be able to join with him in these blessings.
We are encouraged by the variety of ways the church is able to come alongside orphans.
- Orphans are being helped with school materials, including shoes, fees, and uniforms. Twelve dollars each is a huge help to primary school students
- Some receive food, blankets, and clothing.
- One church is buying poultry and goats.
- Another church is fixing fishing nets to benefit widows and orphans
- In one church the members are working to build a home for a widow and her son.
- Several secondary students are getting assistance with their fees.
- A group of widows is working on a sewing project, making pancakes to sell, and equipping a beauty salon in order to have money to keep their kids in technical school.
We appreciate that the church leaders and members know their area. They know who is needy and what are realistic, appropriate solutions. The churches had offerings for helping orphans and we were glad to be able to join with him in these blessings.
Listen to this powerful clip where John, one of the PEFA elders, thanks Orphans Joy and speaks about the impact that can be made in the lives of orphans and widows.